My passion is to raise consciousness and teach better ways to communicate and manage conflict. The future of our families, work environments, communities, and the world depend on it.
I offer trainings and workshops for colleges, universities, law schools, Boards, organizations, professional groups, communities, and any other groups interested in learning more about communication and conflict management.
I also teach conflict resolution and management courses in the Continuing and Professional Education Program’s Conflict Resolution Department at University of California Davis and am an instructor and leadership coach for the California Water Board’s Leadership Program.
Below is a sampling of some trainings and workshops I’ve designed. I will also work with you to custom design a training or workshop to make sure the topic and presentation style best meet your organization’s or group’s needs.
- The Power of Communication Coaching
- The Power of Communication Coaches and Mediators Working Together
- Managing Challenging Conversations in the Workplace
- Strengthening and Sustaining Teams
- Leadership and Effective Communication
- The Art of Strategic Persuasion
- Understanding and Managing Bias
- Skills and Strategies for Talking about Biases
- The Opportunities of Conflict
- New Tools for Optimizing Collaborative Team Communication and Joint Meetings
- Introductory and Advanced Mediation Trainings
- Mediation Techniques for Financial Planners
- Communication and Conflict Styles and Strategies
- Language and Conflict
- The Art of Listening
“I SO appreciate your generosity in helping us learn and grow as conflict resolvers within our community. Your presentation on communication coaching hit all the right notes, and clearly people gained both concrete skills and inspiring ideas.”
Christina Medvescek, Community Dialogue Specialist, Center for Community Dialogue & Training, Tucson, AZ
“Rachel was a great find for us! We needed someone who could guide us in deepening our understanding of each other’s perspectives and then assist us in implementing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiative into our 900-member organization. She was able to help us listen to each other, brainstorm with each other, and come up with actionable next steps to move forward. Rachel made a seemingly impossible task possible.”
“On behalf of our executive director search committee, I wanted to write and thank you for sharing your time and wisdom with us last night. The committee universally found your training on implicit bias helpful and they are looking forward to continuing the conversation. I am so appreciative that you put this together for us so quickly. I very much hope we can work together again in the future.”
Senior Rabbi Allison Berry, Temple Shalom, Newton MA